FaceBook chat with my old pal Louis got me thinking…
Me and Louis met in yoga, went to yoga, hung out after yoga, and basically talked : Yoga. Yoga. Yoga… for 2 years solid…
We now both teach yoga only we are in U.K. cities hundreds of miles apart!
I remember when we first met my teacher Rowena Warren at the time introduced us in the gym we were attending a class in:
“Suey, meet Louis (pronounced ‘Loo-ey’), he’s a vegan, anarchist, who loves Morrisey, Ashtanga Yoga and rice cakes…”
Ha! What more could I say?! An awesome friend had arrived – thank you universe!
and… Indeed, we had some wild fun times!
We even lived together with my super hero and pal and now colleague Karen Breneman for some time!
It’s a small town Edinburgh!
… all this before I scooted off to London for 2 years and every one went their separate ways!
And now check him out…
Louis Website (…trust Louis to title his yoga shala Rogue Yoga!)
I’ve not seen my old chum for a while (about 4.5 years!) so, as you can imagine, it was pretty neat to hear from him recently… *and* find out he too is on a high raw path…!
Back in the day, we were not so sensible. Indeed, please note – wee yogi has not always been holier-than- thou…!
Now, back to the point! This FaceBook chat you saw above and the inspiration for this drink…
QUESTION: Is it possible to make an evening elixir that is creamy, warming, tongue tingling, filling, satisfying, delicious AND mind opening?!
ANSWER: YES, YOU BET IT IS!
- 2 tea bags in 1 litre of *Pukka 3 Ginger Tea – *blend of organic ginger, galangal & golden turmeric (use a cup of this and drink the rest later on it’s own). Steep for at least 15 minutes.
- 1 teaspoon Mucuna Pruriens (Kapikachu) – (Contains 5 different compounds of DMT, Dopamine, tri-doshic, balancing, vivid dreams… the best advice I have is to watch the video below this will all make sense!)
- 2 dessert spoons Lucuma Powder – (Peruvian ‘ice creamy’ fruit! High in niacin, iron, carotene, vitamin B3, and other B vitamins. Lower glycemic index than agave nectar or honey.)
- 1 dessert spoon Mesquite (A.K.A ‘Algarroba’ nowadays due to food licensing laws…) – (Balances blood sugar, naturally sweet, it’s sugars are derived from fructose which does not require insulin to digest and is readily metabolized, fiber content improves digestion and further benefits sugar metabolism, contains lysine (an amino acid), digestible protein, calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron and zinc. Mesquite is cacaos younger brother!)
- *optional* 3 drops of cold press sweet orange essential oil – (anti-depressant, uplifting properties, soothes the mind, relieves stress, reduces anxiety, anti-inflammatory, stimulates blood circulation, promote digestion, ease constipation, increase the absorption of vitamin C, encourages detoxification)
- 2 teaspoon Gelatenized Maca – (Peruvian root, adaptogenic, hormone balancer)
- 2 teaspoon Coconut Oil – (fat metabolizing, lauric acid abundant)
- 1 teaspoon Coconut Palm Sugar – (mineral rich, low glycemic sweetener)
- (Lastly, garnish with a dusting of turmeric powder for color and extra flare!)
Check out this incredibly informative video on Mucuna Berry
It’s true! This drink was a fabulous night-time elixir (100% legal) which delivered some wonderful (and still legal) side effects: Vivid dreams which satisfied my mind after a week of some confusion and ponderings over life’s various surprises.
I woke up with clarity and thoughts that had been sitting in the ‘in tray’ of my mind had been successfully processed and filed.
Sian Charles! Wife to my old pal Louis! I have not met you yet, I hope to soon!
It seems we have a shared interest in warming, yummy, superfood concoctions – all we need now is a kitchen and a VitaMix!
I’d love you two to let me know what you think and then name this brew – it’s just for *you*!